Wednesday, August 28, 2013

HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally Broke Out Of The Place!

I am happy to report that Dad is home! His blood levels came back in the normal range and he is home and in his new recliner. Stay tuned for photos in next Tuesday's Blog :)

My cousin Michael Giguere and My Auntie Peggy drove down to Pick up Dad and Mom today. This worked out very well for I had an important date with a 5 year old this morning whom I promised I would be there to watch her get on the bus for the first time.

It was a very special day because it was Adele's first day of Kindergarten!




She was so cute! She was all dressed up and ready to go when I got there. It was not easy getting from here to there this morning. The schools are back in session and the busses and traffic is EVERYWHERE! Another reason why I hate working days! It was worth every second just to get to see her this morning. I managed to hold in my tears with all the Moms, Dads, Grandmoms and Granddads until after Adele was on the bus and she couldn't see us anymore. 


This was us at the bus stop before the bus came. I am one very proud Auntie :)

Dad's Medical supplies came tonight. They were delivered at 8:30 p.m. so he can start his regime in the morning. Six syringes of antibiotics once a day for four weeks. He has a bunch of other med changes to his daily routine but the antibiotics are the only thing he has never done before this visit.

I won't be updating the blog daily anymore now that Dad is home. I will continue to update the blog every Tuesday as I was doing before this visit. I promise to include some good photos too :) Thanks to everyone who has said such kind words about the blog. It shows from the number of viewers how much people care about Dad and how we are all doing as well. We are very blessed to have such wonderful family and friends who look after us.

Thank You to everyone who has sent cards, visited, called, texted, written, e-mailed, baked, cooked, gave Mom and Dad rides and gave me a place to stay when I needed it. Without all of you we never would have made it the last 5 weeks! 

Until Next Tuesday,

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment