Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Big Surprise...NOT

Colonoscopy postponed until tomorrow morning at 9!


Dad has his chair positioned exactly in the near proximity to the throne so he doesn't have to go far. The colonoscopy scheduled for today did not happen...big surprise there, but this time it was because he wasn't cleaned out enough. I don't know how this can even be possible seeing that he hasn't eaten anything since SUNDAY!


I drove in today which was another hour and a half commute thanks to construction season. How do you know you are at a red light in Boston...with one second left on the crosswalk 20 people cross the street at the same time!
 It's Shark Week on the Discovery Channel. Dad and I watched this little shark guy go around Sea World and talk to people. My brother Joe who loves sharks definitly needs to look into this costume for next halloween!

Dad and I played cards for a bit while Mom went to Walgreens to do some shopping for a few things. It was so nice out and she really was happy to just get out and walk.

We had to interrupt our game for the IV nurse to put in a new IV which has to be changed every four days Dad was winning anyway :)

The renal doctor came in to let us know his renal number are continuing to drop they are now at 2.9. We are hoping to get back into normal range in the 1's They were 3.5 and above so at least they are improving!



Cousins Vickie and Gabby spent the day in the North End and visited Dad and Mom with some treats from Mike's Pastry!  Dad is probably going to eat all of this tomorrow because he hasn't eaten in so long!!!



Gabby sampled the "mini" lobster claw! If this is mini I would hate to see how big the "big one" is :) As my grandmother and Gabby's grandmother would say "God Bless her she eats good"

I have been watching this house for the last year out of the various rooms that Dad has been in. The roof was in such a state of dis-repair that I did not know how they heck they weren't getting soaked inside. Well I am very happy for them because they are getting a new roof! Mom said to me "I knew you would be happy they were finally getting their roof" She was right.

I went to work after my visit. I am pretty sure I could never commute to and from Boston everyday for work without wrecking my health and sanity! I am sad to say I yell like truckdriver and get very agitated. Mom always asks me when I yell at the other drivers if I think they can hear me. Well I hope they can't because I usually do not have anything nice to say to them :)


At work tonight we had a band play. They were really good. The lead singer was Crystal Livingston and she use to work in admissions at UNH and a few other schools. It was funny because they listed all of her schools and degrees and she is an incredible singer and could easily make her living with her voice alone. She has toured with several famous singers worldwide. The mic check they did was one of the most entertaining mic checks I have ever been involved in... " we're testin the mic, test 1,2,3...we're testin the mic, test 1,2,3, we're testin the mic...test 1,2,3. This was with the back up singers singing the reverb in the background and the band joining in! I asked if that was the song they always checked the mic with. She said they just made it up just now! Wow now that's improve talent!

Tomorrow the colonoscopy is suppose to take place at 9 a.m. we will see if it really happens! They have decided to remover the defib/pacemaker at some point next week but they are waiting hoping his kidney function will improve...Phew!

Thanks to everyone who continues to support us. Now more than ever the cards and visits really help Dad take his mind off things for a while. It may be difficult to top Lilly's card :)  He is in room 701 in the Shapiro Center of Brigham and Women's in case anyone is in the neighborhood and wants to swing by. 

Until tomorrow,

Laurie



No comments:

Post a Comment