Friday, August 23, 2013

TGIF

Friday and that means last day of work for the week :)

Dad had an ok day. Basically they are just trying to get his blood levels regulated. It is taking a while, a lot longer than we thought and a lot longer than Dad thought he would have to stay. 

Auntie Peggy and Auntie Janet went in to rescue Mom with some lunch and fresh air. They have been great with visiting and making sure Mom gets to vent and get out even if its just for a few hours. I thought maybe she would come home with them and then head in with me tomorrow but she decided to stay.

I had a pretty busy day at work today. At least today was only one job!


Today I cleaned out the Media closets in a few of our event rooms. I found this little gem that soemone left behind from the last conference. Now that would be an interesting conversation!


I should have taken a before photo so you would know how disastrous this closet looked before my organization.

After work I made plans with my friend Crystal to do some much needed shopping. We went to Natick and I got some great things. I bought a ton of stuff for the kids for their birthday's and Christmas. I managed to find another set of "days of the week" socks for Lilly. My Auntie Phyllis Ann gave her some for Christmas last year. She wears them all the time. This way Kerry won't have to wash as often :)

We ate at P.F. Chang's which happens to be our favorite restaurant in the mall. The food is so good and we were both VERY hungry!


This is Crystal posing for a photo op in the scary hallway we got lost in looking for the exit to the garage!


The graffiti (Tuff Shit) on the wall in the hallway was comical. 

We went to Target after to purchase a few movies. Mom said we needed a few new movies for the kids to watch I ended up getting 8 of them for $40.00! They were $5.00 each and great movies too. Annie, The Lorax ( which we all know they love ) , Horton Hears A Who, Under Sea Adventure, The Little Rascals, Dennis the Menace, The Ant Bully, and Anastasia. They love to watch one movie a day. This will mix it up a bit and you can't buy even one movie ticket for $5.00 each so this I thought was a great bargain!

Yesterday Dad received his D23 Magazine in the mail. I am going to bring it to him to read tomorrow. D23 is a Disney fan club. Joey bought him a subscription for Christmas last year and he loves it. The magazines are so cool and you get little gifts throughout the year too. This is the fall issue, so it came with...

...a super cool Hatbox Ghost Magnet from the Haunted Mansion! 

Well it's about time for me to turn in. Thanks to everyone for all of your unending support. I am looking forward to the day when I can report that Dad is coming home. Let's all pray that comes VERY soon.

Until Tomorrow,

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment