Monday, August 26, 2013

Days upon Days


Thirty Days Hath September, April, June and November, All the Rest Have 31 except for February and Dad's  Hospital Visit, That is The Exception!

Dad woke up today and his hematoma was the size of a baseball. So this means no going home. His Blood is still not where they want it to be and he still has to have an echocardiogram before he can go home. He is hoping for a miraculous transformation overnight so he can come home tomorrow. I think the Doctor is getting his hopes up too soon. If the blood isn't ready it's not ready. I really don't want him to be home for a day only to have to go back.

In other news, He is a hospital celebrity. They have asked his permission to include his case in a case study for a medical journal. My brother Joe and I had the same reaction, "great where do I sign and how much are you taking off my bill!" It has to do with his amazing kidney recovery. They are still improving daily and he is now in the 1's which is AMAZING! He went from renal failure to normal in a month! I think it had a lot to do with mind over matter. As soon as he heard he may need a kidney transplant his body went into overtime repair mode and kicked that renal failure to the curb! Take That!

I am going to ask for a copy of the article then I will print them in mass quantities and he will be available for autographs after the 9 am mass the week it's published. 


Dad and I are having a Disney Trivia playoff. We are doing pretty well. The Disney questions are mixed in with regular questions too. I am still amazed as to how much Dad knows about stuff. He seriously knows all kinds of things about all kinds of stuff. Some of it is completely useless information but make sure he is on your team for trivial pursuit! 

The hematoma is uncomfortable so he had a hard time walking with the IV tonight. He walked with Mom earlier but we did our typical Map my Run workout! We are carving up a storm on that hospital floor!


We didn't walk for as long as we normally do but we still managed to get in 0.26 miles. Better than nothing! 

Once again they did not bring up Dad's protein shake. They always forget. Mom even calls to remind them. It is like on the third Thursday of the month and if it's a full moon they bring it without being told.  I got us both lowfat chocolate milks instead at Au Bon Pain with my swiss chard soup for dinner. The milk had 14 grams of protein in it so at least I felt a little better about it being chocolate :)

A good friend of mine lost her Dad unexpectedly over the weekend. It makes me appreciate everyday we have together even more. 

Dad works harder than anyone I know everyday just to keep going. He is a role model for all of us and If I had one tenth of the strength and willpower he has I would be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. He has been poked, prodded, cut, sewn, re-cut, re-sewn, stuck, drained, hydrated, biopsied, tested, bruised, stapled, wrapped, taped, stamped, marked, etc. and still he gets up everyday and takes on whatever they throw at him.

Please keep your prayers coming I know they are helping. They are going to do the transplant sooner rather than later from the sounds of it. I think he is working his way on up slowly but surely. So we need some good strong prayers like you all have been doing right along. 

Thank You to everyone for all of your support. We could never do this without all of you.

Until Tomorrow,

Laurie



No comments:

Post a Comment