Saturday, August 17, 2013

GREAT NEWS!!!!

No New Kidneys Needed!

Dad did not start the day off well. He was suppose to go down for a CAT scan at 3 a.m.  but they didn't take him down until 6 a.m. so he was up all night. He didn't have the best nurse either :( 

At 10:00 a.m. Dad called to let us know the team of doctors had met and the doctor that came in said his preliminary kidney biopsy looks great. No swelling, output is good and they won't get the official results back until Monday or Tuesday but things looked great so far. That was a huge relief!!!  They also said they saw very little infection if at all! At last some good news!

Today was a pretty good day for Mom and I. I got to go to my little cousin Angelo's 5th birthday party! He was so cute!



He did his best to blow out all the candles on the first try! Ah to be 5 again :)


 We moved onto the pinata after and the kids were thrilled with all the treats inside. The were just so cute to watch trying to break it open. The "big" kids had to step in and give it a little "TAP" to move things along :)


This is my Uncle Joe and Auntie Margaret. Otherwise known as Papper and Mammer. They are my oldest relatives at 96 and 92! My Uncle is truly amazing, aside from having a little bit of a hearing issue he is healthy as a horse. He beat cancer in his late 80's and is going strong! I hope I am like him when I grow up. Mammer is my Grandmother's sister ( my father's mother ). She is the last member of my grandmother's siblings. They are so cute and often make us giggle when they banter with each other back and forth. 


These two guys are my cousins Paul and Michael. They are the older brothers I never had. Michael edited every paper I ever wrote in college and did his best to tutor me in math too. Paul taught self defense and karate. He made sure I took his self defense courses so I would be ready if ever attacked on campus. I never could have survived college without either one of them :)

After the party I drove Mammer and Papper home. We had a nice ride back to North Brookfield. I put on a Big Band radio station on Pandora Radio so they could listen to the music they liked on the ride. They always ask how Dad is and if he is eating enough. I think it's a gene in the Italian heritage...its the "genus mangia", it makes sure you feed your families at least 8 times a day plus snacks. I have to say we never ever left their house hungry! Even if you flat out refused to eat you left with a Orange in your hand or a container of Escarole and beans for dinner at work. 

We are pretty fortunate to not only have so much family but family we actually love to spend time with. I love going to family gatherings and seeing everyone! 

Uncle Jimmy Camyre took out the "Aunts" for dinner tonight at Pleasant Valley. They had a great time and I was glad Mom got out and about. 

I decided to get started on my sewing project. My Auntie Phyllis Ann, when she came to visit a few weeks ago, taught me how to make pillowcases. My friend Robyn's Mom, our friend Donna, decided that it would be nice if we all made pillowcases to donate to the Be Like Brit orphanage in Haiti. When she researched it and contacted the people she found out they already had 300 donated pillowcases. Instead we are donating them to Sherry's House ( Why Me ) for kids who are undergoing cancer treatments at UMASS. 


My Aunt sent me lots of really cute material which I made into these pillowcases. I think we will have some happy kids :)

While I was sewing the doorbell rang. It was our friends the Ryan's who stopped by while out for a walk. They brought cards for Dad, Mom and Me. They were so very sweet to come by and to think of us! They gave me a gift that will be extremely useful for my rides into Boston. 

As I said before I cannot express enough how thankful we are to have such wonderful friends and family who get us through each and everyday with their support! They have been there in the bad times, worse than bad times and in the good times to help us celebrate even the smallest of victories! 

When I talked to Dad tonight he sounded great. He was in good spirits. He was watching the Red Sox game and they were winning! THEY BEAT THE YANKEES!!! WOOHOO.
He said he had a good nurse so that is very relieving too. I told him to work on his trivia because I was going to win at "Bad Ass" if he didn't get studying! Mom and I are going to head back in tomorrow. 
If all goes well maybe Dad will be home for next weekend and this will be the last weekend he has to spend there. 

Thanks again to everyone we could not do this without you!

Until Tomorrow,

Laurie





No comments:

Post a Comment