Sunday, August 25, 2013

Numbers

It's amazing how many numbers have to be right in order for Dad to come home!


At least there is never a bad view!

Dad's numbers are still not ideal. The kidney function continues to drop in levels which is fantastic. We are almost in ones! The WBC is at 11 which is only a tad over the norm so they are not too worried about that. It's his red blood cell count they are trying to regulate now. They are trying to come up with the right combo of drugs to get him to where he needs to be. His blood pressure is also not ideal and is a little on the high side. 

Mom went over to see Lilly and company this morning at the new house. Lilly told Mom she got her first birthday card this year. It was from Toys-R-Us. She went on to tell Mom " I got one of these when I was one, and again when I was two, when I was a toddler, and one last year when I turned three and now because I am going to be 4!"  She cracks me up :) She is going to have a outdoor movie for her birthday she said. Usually the Palumbo family outdoor movie nights are a well attended venue :)


Colin and his dismount off the big wheel. "Auntie watch, sometimes when I want to get off, I just do this!"

I spent most of the day with the Gaston's preparing for the arrival of new little Viviann who will be with us in a week or so. Mrs. G and Auntie Janet were there helping too. Mrs. G brought some food for dinner and planted beautiful mums in the yard so it will look nice when they bring little Viviann home. Auntie Janet was already there when I got there and was deep into organizing. We loaded her car with stuff to store, stuff to donate to other kids and stuff to wash. With a washer and dryer going at her house and Tracy's house it makes for a much more efficient laundry day :) She has been helping out as much as she can before our new little family addition arrives. Someone once said "it takes a village to raise a child." In our case it's not a village but our big family. It was fun going through all the old clothes that Colin and Adele wore and remembering when they wore them and how cute things looked. We took out some of Adele's old baby clothes to get ready for Viviann and it was so hard to believe that it was only 5 years ago that she was wearing them! Adele was so little she wore a shirt as a dress when she came home from the hospital!


Back to the "it takes a village" "Uncle Kyle" let Colin and Adele help him wash his truck. It was so clean you can see their reflections in the paint. Adele then said to me "Auntie, one day, when your car is dirty I am going to come to your house and wash it for you!" Kyle says "now really Auntie, how nice is that!"  It was very sweet :)


Colin enjoyed drinking the "snowflakes" falling from the hose!

After leaving the Gaston's I went to pick up Mom and head back into Boston to visit Dad. I stopped at Chipotle first to grab a veggie burrito bowl for dinner. I forgot to eat lunch again. I think it will be best if I set an alarm to remember to eat so I won't get to the point where I am so hungry I could eat a house!

There was no Red Sox game at Fenway today...Instead there was the annual Latino Festival at Fenway. I never thought to look to see if there were other events going on. Luckily We did not hit much traffic. There were a lot of people leaving when we were coming. I was glad we waited to head in later rather than going at Noon. We would have hit all the festival traffic!


Dad true to his Red Sox, watched the Game on the west coast on TV (in his blue sox)

We are really hoping that his numbers improve tomorrow so he can come home. I don't know if it will be tomorrow or if they will keep him until Tuesday which will be exactly one month and a day :( 

The doctor did tell Dad that he was working his way up on the list, given the condition he is in and the struggles he has gone through. I think they are convinced there is no other road to go down other than transplant. 

Keep your finger's crossed that this comes soon so Dad can get his new heart and start living a little bit more normal life than what he has been through in the last year. 

Thanks again for all your thoughts prayers and wishes. It takes a village to get a new heart too and we certainly have one hell of a support village!

Until Tomorrow,

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment