Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Hours of Waiting

If you added up the number of hours you have waited for something in your life how many hours would that be?


On average a person spends an estimated 45 to 62 minutes waiting everyday. This works out to about 3.35 years in a 78-year life. 

The person who came up with the above mentioned statistic has obviously never been a hospital patient or a family member of a patient!

It was a pretty gray day in Boston

Today Dad spent almost the whole day waiting for them to do a kidney biopsy. At 4:30, after they made him starve all day they came in to let him know they would do it Friday instead!  No wonder all of his levels are off!

WBC Count has gone back up :(  
I am thinking if you starve a person as often as they have in the past two weeks how can any numbers be where they are suppose to be!

I asked Dad how he felt when I got there and he said "Alright"  but he slept for pretty much my whole visit and then I had to leave to go to work. Mom and I played Scrabble to pass the time. I don't know how she stays there all day while he is sleeping. 

Card Collection

Dad has some of today's cards lined up on the windowsill. They are so cute to look at and I know he loves to see them. They brighten up the room too. Not as much as...


...this guy would...but they brighten it up none the less ( this is a picture I found on-line and I cannot take credit. It looks like Pascal from one of the girls favorite movies, Tangled )

Dad's Kidney's seem to be at a plateau. I am hoping that by waiting until Friday now that they jump into action on their own eliminating the need for the biopsy all together! ( PRAY )

Sorry, I don't have much news today. Things are pretty much the same. He needs to get the WBC Count down and the kidneys either need to recover, be treated or a transplant decision will have to be made on them before they will let him leave. 


Kerry and the girls got me flowers and a Starbucks Card for helping them out the last few weeks. They didn't need to get me anything! I love watching them and they are HUGE stress relievers too. I am pretty sure they helped me more. 

Today the girls called from Maine to talk to Papa. Lilly talked for a minute and a half, Kylie talked a LOT longer. Then she wanted to know if Dad wanted to talk to her Mom and Dad too :) They are very excited to be at the beach. Today they got to go to the playground because the weather wasn't very good for the beach. I miss them already :)

Thanks to everyone who keeps checking in, visiting, sending stuff, calling Mom, taking Mom out, texting, emailing etc. It is all of this stuff and more that keeps us going through the HOURS of waiting. We really appreciate all that you do for us!

Until Tomorrow,

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment