Monday, August 5, 2013

Hurry Up...and WAIT

Today Dad was suppose to have his tooth extracted at 9:00 a.m.
That's how the day of waiting started

Because Dad was suppose to have the tooth pulled then go on the awful cleanse we had planned not to visit today. 

When I called Mom said he had been bumped to 11:00. So they waited...

Meanwhile back at the homestead...
Lilly and Kylie worked on the back of their placemats with washable crayons. Lilly traced the whole alphabet and counted the shapes and drew lines to the corresponding numbers! She was a wiz! Kylie watched Lilly trace her stuff then she colored in all her shapes :)

After we finished the placemats we decided it was a nice day out we should fill up the little pool...

...I couldn't find the frekin little pool anywhere no matter how hard I tried! Kids were all ready in their suits ready to go sunscreened up and Auntie Laurie couldn't find the pool. Now, I ask you what kind of Aunt would I be if I disappointed them?...


So I Improvised!

 Lilly in the toy bucket..Kylie in the baby bathtub! 
Lilly asked me if we were going to use "real water, or just pretend" When I told her we were going to use real water...she looked at me and said..."In the toy bucket?" I said "yeah",  "ok" she said, and the rest was history, in she went.


Julie got in on the fun too. She kicked her little feet in the water and had a great time :)



Julie looked all Suave in her hat :)

She looked so cute in her beach cover-up

So after lunch we called to see if Papa had his tooth out...

...they were still waiting!

The kids took naps and I did laundry that I have been neglecting for a while. I no longer look like a Hawaiian vacation. I hung up the Luau dress for another year :(

Kerry was very busy today painting their new kitchen, buying and picking up a new piece of furniture for the new house. Brendan went to Maine to pick up Kerry's car and work on a few things at the Maine house. They are making great progress on the new house and I know they can't wait until it's all done and they are moved in. I will miss having them all here. The kids make my day and are the best at taking your mind off stuff. 

Kerry came back and I went to work.  I called Mom a little while later at 3:30...

...they were still waiting! 

They were on their way downstairs to where they would pull the tooth and Mom had to go to because they didn't know how long he would have to wait once he got into the room!

OMG I would have pulled my own tooth at this point!

I called her at 7:00. She said the extraction was uneventful and the tooth came out pretty easily. Unfortunately it is one of his front teeth so that kinda stinks. 

THE GOOD NEWS TODAY

His renal function did improve...yay kidneys!  I think the prayers and good thoughts are working the miracles we are asking for. If they continue to improve over the next three days they are not going to do the kidney biopsy!!! WooHoo!!!! Cross your fingers and let's hope this is one positive outcome of his visit. Here's to hoping that his kidneys will function normally again. 

Thanks to everyone who has been calling, texting, writing, sending cards, visiting offering to help in whatever way they can. You are all so invaluable to us. We could never get through this without all of you! I pray every day that each blog entry gets us closer to a new heart and a new life, one with a lot less worry and a lot more happy days ahead.

I saw this quote a while ago on the internet:

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." 

I don't know who said it but it's something to look forward to!

Until tomorrow,

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment