Thursday, October 11, 2012

Winter and Construction!

Massachusetts has two seasons...WINTER and CONSTRUCTION!!! In the winter the roads are bad due to ice and snow and when the roads are not bad due to weather they rip them up!

Fall Flowers

Today I drove in to visit Dad. The ride in was uneventful just a tiny bit of traffic at the tolls but other than that the parking garage was my biggest hangup. Coming back...totally different story. left at 2:09 got to work at 4:00! So I am typing this very late because I stayed late to make up the time I lost earlier.

Dad was very tired today he tried walking a little this morning but was in so much pain they made him stop. The odd thing is it isn't the surgical site that is bothering him the most it is where they pulled the chest tubes. He had an eco-cardiogram today in the room and we haven't heard back from them yet.

I brought up a bunch of bags and a vest for Dad to see what will be the most comfortable way to carry his equipment. On me the stuff looks ridiculous! I am trying on extra large gear on an extra small person which equals...not able to see if the stuff is comfortable.

A few people have asked about cards so I am including information from the hospital web site:

How should I address mail or deliveries to BWH patients?— Address them to:  
   (Patient’s first and last name) 
   (Room number ... If you don't know the room, call 617-732-5164) (Dad's Room number is 705)
   Brigham and Women's Hospital
   75 Francis Street   Boston, MA 02115


So I am doing some laundry for Mom and heading back in the morning. Tomorrow we have a Patient Discharge Class at 11:00 a.m. followed by an LVAD refresher class at 1:00.  I am looking forward to everyone coming home for good soon. 

Thanks as always for all of your love, thoughts, prayers, well wishes, calls, cards, meals, rides, hospitality, company etc. All of our friends and family are making this journey with us and we could not do it without all of you!

More tomorrow,

Laurie



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike! I'm glad to see you finally got your popsicle. :)
    Wish there were some way to edit a comment to correct a typo. Instead, I deleted and am re-posting.
    ---Kelly Jefferson

    ReplyDelete