Tuesday, October 9, 2012

300 Popsicles Please !!!

When Dad typed to ask if he could have a popsicle when the tube came out, the nurse said "yes". He then typed, 300???

Today Dad had his swallow video scan, which turned out ok. Basically he has nothing more than a whole bunch of swelling. They said he could eat and drink!!! He was very excited. When Mom and I saw him after the test he had already drank a can of ginger ale and was asking for his popsicle!

PT came in today to get him up and moving. Dad kept hinting that he wanted watermelon. While he was doing PT Mom and I ran down to the eating area and grabbed him some watermelon. He was very happy to get it, and when I asked how it was he said, "It was like a steak!"He had been craving it all day.

Lilly and Brendan came up to visit. Lilly and I read some books while Brendan visited with Dad.

Then Lilly and I played with her letter flash cards. She's doing great, knows all the letters and things that start with them.

After PT, Dad said he was pretty sore. I guess the controller in the belt pulls pretty tight when it is on the incision. It is a pretty big cut that will take a while to heal completely, but, it looks great and so does he. He still has the nasty cough that has been plaguing him for the last three weeks. I can't wait until that goes away. You can see how much it hurts when he coughs so I am looking forward to the no coughing days ahead!

I am home tonight for the first time in almost 10 days and it feels weird. I will miss waking up tomorrow and having breakfast with Megan, Brian and Charlotte. Charlotte's little smile can make anyone's day better :) I hope they know how grateful I am for letting me stay with them.

Thanks again to everyone who has helped us, is praying for us, visiting us, sending cards and doing everything they can. You have made all the difference.

Love and Prayers,

Laurie

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to keep us all updated Laurie! Sending prayers <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie,

    Your dad looks great! He's unbelievable!!

    Keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers.

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the popsicle doesn't look too bad either ;)

    See you soon.

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laurie -

    This is absolutely fantastic that you are doing this on a daily basis and keeping us all informed of your Dad's progress. Make sure you tell him hello (your mom too) from the Mastro's - we are all praying for him and look forward to seeing him soon! GREAT JOB writing the blog!

    ReplyDelete