Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Step Down Day :)

STEP DOWN :)

Today is step down day. So basically that means Dad was able to be moved the surgical stepdown unit. This unit it is one step lower than Intensive Care. Instead of a 1 to 1 patient / nurse ratio it is a 1 to 2.

It is the first day I haven't been at Brigham and Women's in two weeks. I called a bunch of times today to see how Dad was progressing. All the tubes and ties are gone!!! I can't believe it. Not even a week out of surgery and he is IV and cath free!

Mom said he was in a lot of pain after they got him up to walk. I wish there was an easier way for him to walk without the controller and batteries pulling on the incision.

The Aunts ( Auntie Janet and Auntie Peggy ) are taking Mom to a hotel tonight so she can get a good night sleep. They will spend the night and all head back to the hospital in the morning.

I am planning on heading in to the city in the morning. I am hoping to spend the majority of the day there before having to go to work.

I have to give a shout out to Mary Clare who stayed at the hospital last night until well past 8:00 to fill in all of my Insurance paper work to get a refund for my trip. She was awesome! She could have left everything until later but she wanted to get it done for me before the deadline on Friday. The people at this hospital are truly amazing.

Today is Gabby's Birthday and she went home yesterday. I am hoping she has a great birthday, she deserves it!

I will leave you with a picture I took yesterday. They are selling all kinds of organ's now in the gift shop, Including a Prostate for $15.95! Seriously, if you had a body part removed you probably do not want a stuffed reminder of it!!!


Thanks everyone again for all of your love, support, cards, letters, calls, food, time, rides, hospitality, visits, and prayers. We really appreciate everything you all have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment