Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Beginning to get the Holiday Party Spirit

Just a day, just another, ordinary day...

Dad had a good day today. Mom, not so much due to her awful cold :( She is suffering pretty badly with this one and I am sure being run down is not helping her get better any faster. She even stayed in her P.J's all day!  The VNA will be monitoring his levels for now. I think they should come everyday...Dad thinks that's overkill. I just think that if his levels are off I want to know sooner rather than later. I really do not want to be heading back to the Brigham on Christmas.

Last night after I took out Dad's stuff from my car I left the car door open...wide open.  :(  It could not have poured harder last night! I arrived at my car this morning realized I had left the door open and was greeted with a FLOOD! My whole rear seat and floor was soaked. I had puddles on the actual seats!!!! I took the better part of my lunch hour buying a wet vac at the Home Depot and using it for an hour and a half then went home and tried to dry out more with a hair dryer. Let's just say it's not going to dry for a long time! Brendan suggested ( and I took him up on his suggestion ) that I put the dehumidifier in the car and let it run overnight.  If it's still wet in the morning I am going to have to take it somewhere :(


Tonight Dad and I attended the Worcester Fire Brigade Annual Christmas party at O'Connors. It was good to see all the guys and gal and we had a nice meal too.  In this picture Dad and George Zinkus are looking at Kevin Holstrom's Worcester County Fire Photo group on facebook and remembering some of the old guys. Kevin is not in this photo but he is sitting on my left and we were chatting. He was so happy that people were looking at his site and remembering the good ole days. He said this moment right here makes the group worth maintaining. 


A few guys even got the yummy desserts that O'Connor's has. Overall it was a nice night out.

When I got home I worked on my Christmas cards again. They are taking forever this year and I am so pressed for time. I still have a few last minute gifts to get and the days are flying by. I just can't wait until Christmas break and a little time off. Tomorrow I have my department Christmas party and on Friday we have our Christmas luncheon at Assumption. It is nice working at a Catholic College...you can actually have a Christmas party and call it a Christmas party!

I wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas :)

Thank You all again for your continued support. We are so grateful for all of you in our lives who support us each and everyday

Until Next Time...Good Night

Laurie



No comments:

Post a Comment