Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Winter is still Winning!




 Another Winter Scene



This is our Chapel at Assumption. It's the same chapel that has been on campus since Dad came here. It  has been added to in the back and we have a new roof, but, with the snow covering it the chapel seems almost timeless. The trees were dusted in snow and it was a pretty winter scene. 


This winter scene was not so pretty! It's a jeep that because it is the color of a firetruck thinks it can park in the fire lane! SO YOU CAN PARK IN A SNOWBANK... Still doesn't make you a FIRETRUCK!!!

Dad had a good week this week. He got to hang out with the kiddos on Thursday while Mom and "The Aunts" went to see Celtic Woman at the Hanover for Mom's birthday :) I was very glad Brendan, Kerry and the kids invited Dad over. The kids, (especially Kylie, Papa is her favorite)...are always glad to see Dad. He is always very happy to see them too. While he was there they "Facetimed"me at work.


Kylie had to be convinced that as long as Papa held the phone Auntie Laurie could see her. When she holds it all I see is up her nose and her left eye! She brought her baby I got her for Christmas over to say hi too :)

Dad's VNA Nurse came today. She is so wonderful. She is a wealth of information and knowledge and knows how to ask for things when Dad needs them. She is taking her 94 year old Mom on a cruise next week and is very excited. She told us about insurance that she bought for her Mom in case something happens on the cruise she can be airlifted out of there and taken to the nearest hospital. She told us to call AAA and check on policies for next April when Joey and Lauren get married. She is confident I will be able to find a plan that will airlift us out in case of an emergency.

 We will miss her but are very happy that she is well enough to take a vacation. She had a very scary bout of pneumonia this winter and was very sick. We are happy she is healthy again and are truly lucky to have such a caring person looking after Dad. She gave us her cell number right from the beginning and told us never to hesitate to call. She would rather have us call with a question than worry all night. I hope she has a fab. time on vacation, she deserves it!


We had a health fair at school on Friday. It was very fun! I am looking forward to going again next year. I learned I can squeeze 74 pounds with my right hand, I am in the super stretchy category for the sit and reach, I am a normal BMI, I have 20/20 vision, I can hula hoop 174 times in a minute, I can defend myself in a hostile situation...and THAT I HATE ACUPUNCTURE!  So to those people who say you cannot feel the needles...you LIE! I don't mind needles at all. I had allergy shots once a week for 14 years. I don't care when they take blood and a tetnus shot is a walk in the park. This was not real fun. I felt every needle, had a headache after and now have a good size red welt where the needle was in front...and that was FRIDAY. 
Note to self...do not try this again!


The chapel still looks pretty but not like it did when it was snowing. I am lucky to work at a place that keeps up it's grounds so nicely and has some beautiful buildings.

Thank You to everyone who is still continuing to support Dad and us on this long journey. Thanks for the calls, the txts, the cards, the food, the visits and everything you have done and continue to do. 

The Shrewsbury Call Fire Department is having a can and bottle drive March 9th. Save your bottles and cans and I will have more information posted on next weeks blog.

Thanks Again,

Until Next Tuesday,

Laurie




No comments:

Post a Comment