Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Clinic Went Better Than Expected!!!!

 This weeks post is brought to you by Pierre...Assumption's Greyhound Mascot 


This past week I was lucky enough that a few of my students, who film a sports show brought in the Assumption Mascot costume. Well who would not want to put on their college mascot costume and cross it off their bucket list? So here I am in the Pierre getup in my studio. I love my job!

Dad ended last week not feeling so hot. He was short of breath and had trouble with the stairs. They made some med adjustments again and he is in the bathroom about 5 times an hour but t least its getting rid of the fluid.

He also got the OK to have his blood pressure checked in Worcester! This is huge! Now he won't have to go to Boston to just have his BP checked! The thing is with the LVAD Dad doesn't have a blood pressure like you or I. His has to be checked via a dopler BP machine. The LVAD takes away the ability to detect a pulse and BP. The dopler uses sound waves to detect BP. It is very strange to hear it when they do it and it almost sounds like an fetal ultrasound.

Auntie Janet took Dad and Mom in to Boston early this morning to clinic. His BP is still to high so they adjusted the meds AGAIN. They said his fluid levels looked good though so at least the diuretics are working! They told him he doesn't have to come back for a MONTH! I think this is way too long to not go get checked but they are really good about calling back and answering any questions in case something comes up.


The kids came over to play last weekend. Kylie was having a really great hair day so I thought I would document it in the Blog!


She is happy as a clam eating her snack and not a care in the world. I am going to show this to her when she is a teenager and not a hair can be out of place...She'll probably hate us later, but, at least now she can be silly and laugh with us.

Dad Started playing the 4:00 Mass on Saturday's again last week. So all who want to hear him play he is back, and as he said "he didn't miss a beat!"

I will leave you with a picture of a few of my students. There are a few kids who always make the job more enjoyable and the extra time we spent filming their project this week has been very fun and a lot of laughs!


So until next week,

Stay Classy My Faithful Blog Readers.

As always thank all of you for all that you have done and all that you continue to do for us! We could never make it day to day, and week to week without all of your support.

Laurie



No comments:

Post a Comment