Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Taste of Summer...In Florida!

They say it's summer...hmmm...I remember when they said it was spring yet I still had and iceberg in my driveway! Those "THEY" people...yeah, THEY lie! It's cold!

Dad had an OK week. His liver function test is off so they are stopping his cholesterol medication. I am not really sure why they chose this one to stop? He is also taking tylenol for the constant creak in the neck. This I feel has a worse effect on your liver than lipitor...but I am not a doctor so what do I know. He had to go get blood tests today again. They are going to keep a close eye on his blood levels. On June 21st he has to go for a cath again in Boston. I am hoping it goes better than the last time, when he ended up in the hospital for the two weeks after :( I only wish that he had his energy level back and could stay awake for longer periods of time without being so tired.


I was lucky enough to experience summer first hand this past week...in FLORIDA!


Please stand clear of my vacation!
Por Favor
Mantengase Alejado De Mis Vacaciones!










 This is me in EPCOT posing with the giant Spaceship Earth "golf ball" and the amazing fountain...IN THE SUN.
 




I was able to Dance in Africa in the Animal Kingdom and Hopscotch in EPCOT's England all in the same week. It's easy to go around the world in Disney World!


We ate lunch at the new Be Our Guest Restaurant! It is in Belle's Castle! Lilly and Kylie would have loved it here! We were able to get a seat in the Rose Room better known as the WEST WING to Lilly and all the other Disney Beauty and the Beast Fans! 





  I was able to try on this cool hat in Disney's Hollywood Studios, Hollywood Tower Hotel!



This is my newly graduated Assumption Student and friend Emily. She is working in the college program in Disney for 6 months. We had a great time riding the tower of terror together and catching up on life after AC. I was so happy to be able to catch up with her. Her schedule is pretty demanding so we were fortunate to be able to find a time to meet and hang out.


A security guard...actually... I think he was an actor...took out photo in front of the giant sorcerer's hat on Hollywood Blvd. in Disney's Hollywood Studios! 

 
It was a Star Wars Weekend at Hollywood Studios. I saw the guy who is the voice of YODA in the clone wars cartoon series and who does the"please stand clear of the doors" bit for the monorail! C3PO and Chewy posed for the photos I took of them. The Ewok was a little shy.

This guy tried to stand in the way of my vacation! He may be taller but I know I was cooler...literally!



EPCOT has redesigned their Test Track Ride. I am the one in the purple shirt in the back row. It is modernized and different than the last time I went on it. It was nice to see it all done over and new.

They have come out with some pretty funny shirts in Animal Kingdom. This was one of our favorites!

I got to hang out with the nieces today :) I missed them while I was away. I got them each a little something from Disney and they were so funny wanting to see what I got for each of them. Making sure I had a gift for Julie too. :) When I went into the kitchen Kylie informed me that Papa had got "Munchkins" for them for a snack after lunch! They were very excited and had a chocolate and jelly one each!



 Miss Julie just giggled with Grammy and watched while the big girls ate their munchkins. Good thing she doesn't know what they are yet! 


This is the wall behind my desk at work. It is very colorful thanks to Lilly and Kylie. The orange and Red papers are covered with Disney stickers, those were my birthday cards. The large white paper was my Christmas wrapping paper that Lilly colored herself and the newest addition to my collection is the beautiful purple tulips in the garden complete with different colored bows on each stem and signed by the one and only LILLY :) I love it! It's a keeper for sure! I am a very lucky Auntie!

I received a phone call while on vacation from a friend and member of the Worcester Fire Dept. Credit Union. They wanted to know if I had any photos of District Chief Decoursy. She told me he was gravely ill and in the hospital and they wanted some photos to put up on the big screen in the lobby of the credit union. It was sad to think of him ill like this and I had just heard him on the radio before I left and he was ok. It was very sudden. I am sad to say that Chief Decoursy is no longer with us and we will no longer hear his "ya, fire alarm what have ya got on this?" again :( He will be missed most by his crew that he worked along side every day. Please keep the Chief's children, family and the WFD in your thoughts and prayers this week. We are thankful for all the times he made sure   everyone got home safe from an incident.

It's back to the daily grind. Not fun after a great vacation! I am very lucky to have gone on such a great trip and with great company! Disney truly is the Happiest Place on Earth!

Thank You to everyone who has stood by and continues to stand by us! We are truly blessed with such a wonderful support system! Please continue to keep Dad on your prayer lists and hope they he gets a new heart which will hopefully restore his health back to normal ( or close to normal ) I don't think we will ever be normal :)

Until Next Week,

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment