Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Seattle?

"Who'll stop the rain?"

 We're going to need a bigger boat if this rain keeps up!

This week we were busy as ever. Back from vacation and been running crazy ever since. Nothing new there. 

Friday I was able to meet Jodi and Crystal at the Sole after work for dinner. Crystal and I then headed to Millbury to do a little shopping after...This is where I lost my keys. By the time we realized it we had been sitting in Barnes and Noble for the better part of an hour and all the other stores were closed. Poor Crystal had to drive me back to Shrewsbury to get my spare key, then back to my car in Millbury. We did manage to laugh all the way to my house though because of some road sites we had seen. We need to write a book called the Rt. 20 Chronicles. It would be a best seller because you can't make this stuff up! 

The good news was the next day I went back to all of the stores and the girl in Ann Taylor LOFT had found them and even stayed open late hoping I would realize they were gone and come back! So nice of her. I was so relieved to find them!

Mom and Dad celebrated their 43 Wedding anniversary this past week! Kerry, with everything else they have going on took the time to have the kids draw a great card for Mom and Dad and also send a video message. It was so cute. These are a few photos from their message

Lilly was giggling at Kylie and Julie just went with whatever they told her to :)
Kylie not only wished Mom and Dad a happy anniversary but she threw in a "I Love you Papa and Gammy, and Auntie Laurie too!" Very sweet
Dad still has the creak in the neck and back. Today he went back to the acupuncturist that he had gone to a few years back when he had back trouble. After one treatment he already said he was feeling a little better. Last time he went it was only three treatments before he was back to himself again. Let's hope that it's the same this time so he can begin sleeping and getting into a little bit more of a normal routine.

Saturday We had a double birthday celebration! Colin and Adele. Colin is 3 and Adele is 5! ( Well she will be 5 July 2nd...she says )

There were a lot of kids at the party. They all had a great time. The little guy sitting next to Colin made Colin and Adele each their very own handmade card! He was so cute because he was so proud that he made them for his friends. He said "I even put a cake on the card because it was your birthday!" So funny
The Party was at Giguere Gymnastics and it was a lot of fun...for the kids of course! This is my Tarzan move into the foam pit that Mrs. G caught with my camera. It looks like I have a wooden leg? The kids in the picture to the right are all cousins and Addie Lou, a good friend sitting next to Adele.

They received a lot of really nice gifts and they were so happy. Adele must have said "Thank you SO much" a hundred times. She really was excited that her friends gave her such special gifts.

Sunday was Father's Day. Mom made dinner and Bren, Kerry and the kids came over for dinner. Auntie Peggy joined us a little later for the Ed Sullivan show on PBS just like she and My parents remember watching Sunday nights when they were kids!


The kids helped Papa open his presents. Some nice new pants and shorts to wear. They will be great once the summer actually gets here. Kylie really liked the home depot card part of the gift the best. except for...
the three little pig pin that she and Lilly wrapped up to give to him. They are SOOOO into the three little pigs! The funny thing is the pin is one that Dad gave Lilly on one of her "hey Papa want to check out some pins" visits. The fact that they parted with their favorite story pin says something! He was honored. They also were able to tell him exactly what it was before he opened it! We were all laughing. Dad says "well now I know what it is so I don't have to open it." They were shocked...he said I'm just kidding :)

I gave Dad a frame with Pictures of the three girls in it. Kylie sat in her little chair and stared at them for a good ten minutes. It was comical!

Monday I worked the Father Bisonette Invitational (FBI) Golf Tournament at Worcester Country Club. I always ride around with Janet, who works in the president's office. We have been doing it for years and it has become a tradition. We have a great time and it's for a great cause. It helps raise money for student academic scholarships. I am pretty sure I was the beneficiary of the tournament while I was in school so it's my Day to give back to them with my Photography. We almost made it through the whole day but then they sky got REALLY black and scary. They sounded the horn and pulled everyone off the course!

This is a picture of the sky while I was waiting for the light to turn by rt. 70.  If you have ever seen the movie " The Neverending Story" You know what I am talking about when I say "The Nothing" was coming. In the movie there is a big dog like dragon named Falcor. 
There is also a warrior named Atreyu in the film. When I posted the first photo on Facebook my cousin Tracy asked if I saw Atreyu? I said no but I am sure I saw Falcor. So I sent her this photo with what appears to be Falcors head among the clouds. I made a red arrow and labeled it in case she didn't see it :)

When I got home I had enough time to shower and get ready to watch the Bruins.
This is the Cheetah that Lilly loves to play with when she comes over. He sits in her spot on the couch. I took a picture of him and sent it to Lilly to tell her the Cheetah was in her spot watching the Bruins and he is their good luck charm because he has the same colors. Has to count for something, right? He was actually great luck! The Bruins beat the Blackhawks in a regulation time game (thank god no overtime!) 2-0 good guys!

Well that's all the news that's fit to print this week. Friday Dad goes back to Brigham and Women's for another heart Cath. I just hope this one goes better than the last one! The last one was where all the trouble started in January when his levels were all off and he was bleeding internally :( Please keep him and My Mom in your thoughts and prayers Friday. They will need some extra ones this week.

Thank You again for everything you continue to do. You are an amazing group of family and friends and we are lucky to have you all!

Until Next Week,

Laurie

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again Laurie for keeping us posted. I saw your Dad after 4:00 p.m. Mass this past Saturday and he did not look that good. Bless him for playing at the Mass.

    I told him and your Mom that my prayers and thoughts are always with them and I dedicate all of the Masses I attend to your Dad.

    Hope all goes well on the 21st.

    Thanks again for your posts.

    My prayers and thoughts are with you all.

    Diane Shipulski

    P.S. GO BRUINS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping him in your thoughts and prayers. We are lucky to have such wonderful people like you to support us :)

    ReplyDelete