Tuesday, April 23, 2013

29 Days Done

Spring has sprung....right?...It may still be winter from the feel of it!

Dad's 29 Days at the top of the list are over and he still has his same heart. We are back down to 1B status until they feel fit to move him back up for another 29 days :(

Friday we were watching the continuing marathon bomber nightmare and fearing for our family members who live in Watertown. Mom and I were thinking..."what if it was one of those guys hearts that Dad got?" how awful would that be :( I guess that is why they do not tell you who the donor is. I can't imagine getting the stone cold heart of a rotten coward like the marathon bomber! Thankfully things turned out ok thanks to the amazing efforts of the Watertown Police department and the FBI as well as all of the first responders who put their lives on the line to keep all of us safe. Thank You guys and gals for all you do!!!


Kerry came over with the girls on Friday while Brendan was still banished to the basement due to illness. We had fun :)




We had to watch "Belle" AKA Beauty and the Beast. Lilly said she hadn't watched it in a long time because they left it in Maine...likely story...I think I may be leaving my copy at the Maine house too :) Kylie the whole time was more concerned with who was off the screen and not on..."where's Belle?...Where's the Beast?...Where's Gaston?... I happened to snap this picture while she was sitting. For the rest of the movie she would bounce around to whom ever would answer her 20 questions.


Dad and Kylie added another chapter to their novel...The never ending saga of whatever. She stole the pen right out of his vest to start writing.


A wonderful donation was made to Dad's benefit, in the form of a custom knitted hat. Michelle Roy donated three gift certificates to Dad's benefit. I was lucky to win one in the raffle. We e-mailed back and forth and Monday my hat arrived! It was just as I hat ordered, cream cable knit with a purple flower. It has been cold enough to wear it too! Thanks Michelle.


On Sunday I helped the Mastro Family out with coffee house and took a few donuts over to the girls. They were so happy with their donuts :) Thanks Tammy, Marie and Uncle Vin you made them smile, even from behind the sippy cup of milk Kylie is smiling.

Dad had a great appointment at Brigham and Women's today. Other than the elevated BP which seems to always be the case...he has no fluid build up and he is finally over the awful stomach bug that knocked him down for the count last week. I am very thankful he recovered before Marathon Monday when if his fever did not break we would have had to go to the Brigham and that would have meant being stuck in Boston and there for the nightmare that will be forever in our minds when we think of the Boston Marathon :(




Our final production at school was on Sunday. The theater club put on a great performance. It will be sad to see some of my seniors go this year. It's hard to believe that in two weeks they will all be gone :( The kids did an awesome rendition of "Master of the House" with the ENTIRE cast. It was incredible and I am glad the seniors will have the good memories to look back on.

We are in crunch mode at school. I made 8 posters for my final presentation which will be on Thursday. I couldn't come up with just one idea so I did 6 and two alternates. I submitted some of them to the Eye on Design symposium that will take place tomorrow night at the school. I am looking forward to seeing everyones work from all the classes presented. 

The last two weeks of classes can either make or break you. I think it is breaking some who thought they could coast along. I had to help a few students in the art lab tonight who were having trouble mastering a few skills in photoshop. It was basic stuff but it seems the professor they had did not explain a few things to them that would have made things 100 times easier. In 5 minutes I was able to show them a shortcut that saved them hours. I am very thankful that I have had awesome professors and teachers who allowed me to refine my skills and make the Adobe editing software invaluable to me

Thank You everyone who continues to check in on Dad and us and are continuing to keep us in your thoughts and prayers. We are so thankful for all of you. Please remember to keep all of the families who are hurting from last Monday's tragedy in your prayers this week too.

Until Next Tuesday,

Laurie










No comments:

Post a Comment