Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Spring Has Sprung...Somewhere


 Someone forgot to tell this robin that Spring hasn't sprung here in New England yet!



We are coming into the home stretch of the first week of spring. I am still waiting for the weather to improve, the snow to melt and the iceberg to disappear from my driveway!

Dad had an appointment on Thursday. The told him he would be at the top of the list starting the 22nd. Well they called Monday to tell him his 29 days started Monday. Here's the worst part...there are a few at the top. If someone else is more critical than Dad the day the heart comes they give it to the more critical patient...they make Dad go too! If there is a complication and the heart is not a match, or is not exactly what the other guy needs Dad will be on standby! I can't even imagine the agony of going through that once never mind preparing for it several times!!!!!!

Dad is calmest of all of us as usual and takes it in stride. Luckily he is feeling good and all his numbers and levels are exactly where they are suppose to be. This is what LVAD living should be like. Not like it was the first 6 months where nothing was ever stable and you bleed internally for month without knowing!


Dad and Kylie continue to work on their "novel" in the little notebook I made for her. She adds to it each week, it's called "Daddy, Mommy, Lilly" according to Kylie. I guess the rest of us are chopped liver.


The girls came over today and we gave them their Easter gifts a little early so they could play with them. Lilly loved her color wonder marker set. Kylie liked the "clicker" ( calculator ) from Grammy and Papa. She kept trying to turn on the TV with it!


Julie was just her cute little self hanging out with her little fishy friends that swim around in the little aquarium attached to her seat. They are fake and plastic but they move all around and make music too. She is happy as can be.


Auntie Phyllis Ann called today while the kids were over to say hi. They thanked her for all the cool Easter treats she sent them. Kylie for some reason instead of calling her "Auntie" kept calling her "Maunty" 


Papa got back to his chair only, someone had stole it while he went to grab her a gift!


This past weekend Tracy and I took the kids shopping so I could buy Adele her Easter dress. I have been buying her an Easter dress or spring outfit every year instead of buying her Easter candy. Well I didn't want to put her picture up yet and ruin the debut of the perfect Easter dress! Instead I am putting up the little gem of a hat Colin and I found among the Easter bonnets! He liked it much better than any of the bonnets there :)


Two of my pieces, from my design class, made the Art Wall display cases. It's the lower left piece on the "right to education" and the top right piece which is a collage made from flight photos I took while flying in Alaska with my Uncle Lee and his friend Larry, who is also a pilot. I used all original photos that I took myself! I must say they are photos from the trip of a lifetime. They made a fantastic piece! Thanks Uncle Lee!!!!


Lastly I will leave you with an image of a few of my favorite students. It is Tom's birthday Thursday, but because we are not here Thursday ( It's Holy Thursday ) we decided to do it for tomorrow. Tom is the guy I work with, who is a great friend and the students all love him too. We almost lost him a few years ago to an illness so every birthday is like a gift, and we wanted to help him celebrate. I wish I could be here in the morning to see his face when he comes in :)

I would like to thank everyone for their continued support. It has been a long journey and even though we have a long way to go we know you have our backs and will stand by us every step of the way! 

Until next Tuesday, 

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!

Laurie

















No comments:

Post a Comment