Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Movin On Up...

March 22 Dad goes back up to 1A Status for 30 days!


Dad got a phone call today after I left for school. Mom sent me a text while I was in class that Dad is moving back up to 1A status on March 22!  Buckle your seat belts sports fans...we are hopefully going in!  What this means is that from March 22 to April 22 Dad is on the top of the list for a heart. So we need your prayers more than ever.

We had another miserable snow storm this past week. I was off from school and work Thursday and Friday due to the weather. I did work at the Y though on Thursday. It was crowded there due to the fact that hardly any snow was falling at 5 a.m.! This storm was an epic FAIL on the meteorologists part. Thursday was suppose to be bad into Friday. Instead it was ALL day Friday. MISERABLE!
So we shoveled, Mr. Warren plowed,shoveled, Mr. Warren plowed, shoveled, and then Brendan snow blowed so we could get to the basement and walk around a bit.

Winter please go away! I saw this little Gem on the internet on Friday! Pretty much sums it up!


On Saturday, (bright and early thanks to daylight savings time beginning) I met Brendan and a group of   Shrewsbury Call Firefighters at the Town Hall in Shrewsbury. Now I just have to mention that I was the first one there, because it never happens!!! The Shrewsbury Call Firefighters got together and under the direction of Bobby "Bubba" Warren organized a VERY successful can and bottle drive. All the proceeds went to Dad's Medical Fund.


Brendan and I worked along side these guys who gave up their whole Saturday to help out. They worked tirelessly to make this a success. I would like to thank Mr. Bob Warren ( for plowing me out of my driveway! and ) for organizing the event and letting us use his trucks to transport all of the cans and bottles to the redemption center. His whole family helped us out too! His Dad was there, working right along side us all day. I cannot believe how many cans and bottles we were able to collect! People driving by saw the sign and went home to grab their cans and bottles. One woman who was walking her dog came back with a carload of cans and bottles after she saw the sign!


The fire truck even stopped by for a bit to see how we were all doing and offer their support. 



Jimmy Bernie and Mr. Warren taking a much needed break after being on their feet for 6 hours straight! They worked until every last can and bottle was loaded onto the truck!


Sunday was another busy day. I ran a road race, The Celtic 5k. My first 5k of the 2013 season! My friend Stacey and I ran together. I have to say it was a frustrating race because there were 3,000 runners who registered for the race. I was dodging people left and right. At one point I remember mentioning to Stacey that I was running "angry" and not liking it! My time wasn't my best, I did manage less than 10 minute miles, but the dodging and weaving slowed us down. I finished and have my t-shirt to wear on St. Patty's Day!
 Here's a picture of Stacey and I after the race. It was a bright and sunny day. Good day for a race :)

Sunday also marked Julie's 3 Month birthday :) It's hard to believe she is 3 months old already. She is cute as a button and her sisters love her to pieces!


Brendan, Kerry, The girls and Auntie Peggy came over for dinner on Sunday after the St. Patricks Day parade. Lilly and Kylie loved the parade.  Lilly was very happy she got to eat her lollipop from the parade, hiding it from Kylie of course.

So we are moving onward and upward soon. Please keep the prayers coming. They are making a world of difference. We are truly blessed to have so many wonderful people praying for Dad. We have quite the cheering section. Thanks to everyone for everything that you have done and continue to do. We are so fortunate to have such a wonderful group of family and friends who are supporting us every step of the way!

Until Next Week,

Laurie



No comments:

Post a Comment