Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Cold Season is Upon Us...Literally

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR............Even Frosty Has Frostbite!

It's 8 Degrees out there -4 with the windchill and falling  :( 



Dad did great at his appointment this week all of his numbers are where they are suppose to be except for his slightly elevated Blood Pressure. His hematocrit level was a 32! That is way better than they expected. Again, for a recap on the hematocrit...Normal people have a level of 40-50, people with an LVAD have a lower rate because their blood gets "chewed" up through the pump so they only expect about a 30 and Dad's was a 32! He continues to keep them on their toes!



How I started my nice long weekend off!

I am very happy to say that Dad is the only one in the family household that does not have a cold! I started with a killer cold Thursday night and shocking as it may seem,  did not work out or leave the house until Sunday morning. Tammy and I went back to the Hall to hand out prizes to the benefit winners on Sunday. 

I took a nap and went to bed early Sunday. I needed the rest if I was to get over this snot. Right around Sunday, Mom started getting a sore throat. She now has a cold wayyyy worse than I did. I feel so bad for her :( Needless to say, I hope Dad isn't taking it personally that we are avoiding him. We just don't want him to get sick!

P.S. Airborne def. shortened the length and severity of my cold. I swear by it. The only catch...find a pharmacy or supermarket that hasn't sold out of it!!!






We were lucky enough to have a little visitor come to keep us company on Saturday night. She smiles and makes you smile too :) Our newest family addition Julie came by to celebrate her 6 week birthday with us :) Her Mom, Dad and Big sisters went to see Sesame Street Live at the Hanover. From what I hear it was quite a show :) Lilly showed us a few pictures too. It looked very colorful from the photos.

Lilly came over to play on Saturday. They asked her where she wanted to go she said Grammy Papa's. So to Grammy Papa's she came complete with new sparkling purple shoes which she informed me "they bought at Target." So if anyone is looking for new, purple sparkle shoes, word on the street is that Target has em!



On Sunday a Prayer shawl was presented to Mom and Dad from the nice people of St. Mary's Prayer Shawl group. They made two very beautiful shawls and Dad's even had a little angel sewn into it's knit. The sun was shining in the window right on the angel, making her almost glow. I hope it is a good sign that things will get better soon.


On Monday, I was treated to a girls Day Out with Tracy and Adele. We went to Boston to the Children's Museum. It's my first trip to Boston in a LONG time, for something other than Brigham and Women's. We had a blast! There was so much to do and see you could spend a week in each section and still never play with everything. It really is a fantastic safe place for kids to play.


On our way out, I took this picture of Adele looking at the big giant milk bottle in front of the museum. Tracy and I stood in the exact same spot 35 years ago and did the same thing! The photo is timeless.

So all in all a week of ups and downs, but, we made it through another week and no calls yet. Days are sneaking by with no call from B&W of a heart being available. So we move forward...and will wait another week, and another for how ever long it takes. We may be giving up days, but we are not giving up hope and with hope and faith, family and friends anything is possible! 

Please keep the prayers coming, we still need them everyday. Your prayers is where our strength comes from. Keep up the well wishes and prayer and until next week, the last week of January, I wish you all warmth! May the warm weather be upon all of us soon so we can go out and enjoy the outside :)

Until Next Tuesday,

Laurie



No comments:

Post a Comment